The group ..

The group ..
.. hard at work :D

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Part A



Billy Ellerby Arts Award


Part A : Taking part in Arts


Within my time at the site gallery i will improve my film shooting/film editing capabilities because i feel it is a part of art i always wanted to try yet never had the chance. Also i feel it would be a challenge as i have never experienced film making before. By speaking to artists that use film and film makers I can find out areas i can improve on and what makes a good film. I will then produce my own small film, inspired by Rob and his work, in order to evidence and display what i have learned.


The top left image is me interviewing Rob Sparanza, a Film Producer working with the South Yorkshire Film Association. I chose to interview Rob after hearing him speak to the group about small films and how we could easily produce one. It stood out to me because the opportunity to express myself with limitless possibilities. The interview can be heard on CUBE radio. The image to the the right is me and Jesse practicing filming. Ben Moon (media artist) was also very helpful in guiding me through the camcorders and imovie (film editing software).


From these i have learnt that you don't always need to be planning to film something, sometimes you have to be opportunistic especially when filming real life. I also learnt the role of producer and their contribution to film and film making. The short film I have produced is also part of my Part D of my arts award and is posted under this section. My interview with Rob was also part of my Part C.

No comments:

Post a Comment